Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recap

So, I realize it's been almost a month since I last blogged. Boy, what a month it has been. Brayden is officially a walker now. So much so that he doesn't want to do anything but walk! It makes life a little difficult and has caused me to change my way of life a little bit. He does not want to be in a stroller, he does not want to be in a buggy, he does not want to be in your arms, he wants to be walking! I'm all about letting him walk when it's feasible, but let's face it, sometimes there are moments when he just can't walk. Those are the moments when he pitches an absolute fit and I wish I wasn't out in public somewhere. So, I got him one of those little backpack leash contraptions thinking he would be able to walk, but I would also be able to keep him close. Huge waste of money! He starts walking, realizes there's something on this back and chest, tries to pull the straps on his chest off, and comes to a dead stop. When I try to grab his hand and make him keep walking, he lays on the ground or floor and throws a fit! Oh boy, have I got my hands full! Needless to say, our weekend excursions have been cut back a good bit.

Here are some more updates:
* He went for his 15 month checkup on the 8th and everything looks good. I can't really remember the stats (how bad is that?!) but I think he was in 50th on height and 35th on weight. He's definitely thinning out now that he's so active.
* He loves to brush his teeth. If he's in the bathroom when I'm brushing my teeth, he pitches a fit until I pick him up and brush his teeth.
* He finally wears shoes and loves them! He wants to put every single shoe he finds in our house on his feet.
* He is learning so fast! He can say so many more words. He also will attempt to say anything I tell him to and it's so cute!

On another note, my precious niece, Bentley, will be here in about a month! I am so unbelievably excited to have access to a little baby to hold anytime I want to! I will also have my first nephew in about a month and I'm so excited Brayden will have another boy in the family, even though we don't get to see them as often.

Life is busy, but oh so good! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment