Monday, May 19, 2014

Chattanooga Weekend Getaway

I decided I wanted to take Brayden somewhere before the baby comes to enjoy some time with just him before I'm consumed with all things newborn and don't have as much time for him. I knew I wouldn't want to take any time off work because I'm saving it up for maternity leave so I knew a weekend trip would be all we could do. I also knew I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time driving so I limited our choices to Chattanooga or Atlanta. In the end, Chattanooga was the winner.

We left Friday afternoon after I got off work, just the 3 of us. It seriously was such a great trip. We did all the sightseeing, eating, and swimming we could squeeze into 2 days. Our only negative of the trip was the weather was a little dreary. However, it didn't stop us from having fun!

On Saturday, we did the aquarium and the Chattanooga Ducks. Brayden has been to the aquarium before, but he still loved it. We actually got to see a diver in the biggest tank exhibit and it was awesome!


Diver in the background!



If you've never done the Chattanooga Ducks before, I highly recommend it! I think it was the favorite for everyone. It's an old military vehicle called a DUKW and it can ride on land and in water. We started off by driving through the streets of Chattanooga and then went down a ramp into the Tennessee River and rode in the river for a little while. Brayden even got to drive it in the river for a bit. It was so cool!



We did a little swimming when we got back to the hotel, and honestly, Brayden would have been happy if that's all we had done.

We toured Ruby Falls Sunday morning. It was very cool and even though I'd been before, that waterfall still took my breath away.
 
 

We were supposed to do Rock City after lunch, but it was still pretty rainy outside and the walking at Ruby Falls had just about done Brayden and I in so we decided to skip it and do it next time. We headed for the Tennessee Valley Railroad for a train ride instead!




This trip was everything I hoped it would be and more. Brayden was so well behaved the entire time, which meant I got to spend every second just enjoying him and doing everything he wanted to. I sure will miss all this time I've had with just him, but I am more than ready to welcome another sweet little boy into my life and heart who will be just as special!

No comments :

Post a Comment