Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Review X 2!

Well, I'm a little behind on my blogging! The past two weekends have been beautiful so we've been trying to enjoy every minute of them. Last weekend, we took Brayden to the cowboy parade here in town. It started right around his naptime so he wasn't as into it as I thought he'd be, but we still enjoyed it. Aunt Brooke rode on a horse in the parade so he enjoyed getting to see her on her horse. After the parade, we went to eat the Depot Diner and Grill in Helena. If you've never been there, you should go, because they have great food and it's right by the waterfall in Helena so you can sit outside and enjoy it. We enjoyed getting to take some pictures of Brayden by the waterfall. Here are a few I liked:

Those of you who know me and especially my dad really
well know why he's sticking his tongue out -
it's genetic! :)

Brayden and Aunt Brooke

Brayden and Nana
This is what Brayden does when you try to take a picture of him and he would rather play with the camera.
This is my favorite picture of the day. We were getting him to clap and I'm not sure why he was clapping with his hands above his head, but the picture turned out so cute.

Please notice his cute outfit that he wore to the cowboy parade compliments of Aunt Brooke. :)

This weekend was a bit out of the ordinary. Saturday morning, Brayden woke up crying so I knew he was hungry and got up and gave him his bottle. After his bottle, though, he kept crying and I could tell something was wrong because that is very unlike him. Tyler was still at work, but due to get off any time, so I called my mom. She said to give him some Motrin and that we may need to take him to the doctor. We figured he had another ear infection. I gave him some Motrin and he was totally back to normal within 10 minutes. So, we decided to see how he did the rest of the morning before calling the doctor. Brooke was having a yard sale with Danson's mom and sisters so we went to visit them that morning. We snagged Brayden a cute lion halloween outfit for either this year or next. Then, we went to my cousin Racheal's baby shower. Brayden fell asleep right after it started and when he woke up about 30 minutes later, he was burning up! I gave him some more Motrin and we left the shower. We got home and took his temperature and it was 102.2 degrees. I called the doctor's answering service and the nurse called me back and told me to take him to Children's South. So, off we went to the doctor. We got there and of course he was feeling fine because we had given him some Motrin. The doctor looked in his ears and said one ear was bulging with pus and the other was full of liquid and had a little pus. So, she gave us a prescription for antibiotic and hopefully he will be better soon! This is the only picture I have of this weekend and it was taken with my phone. You'll notice he's very happy and that's because he LOVES playing with the paper at the doctor.
Also, just a little sidenote, I was very impressed with Children's South - his appointment was at 4 and we were done by 4:50! Plus, they were all so friendly and nice and were very sweet to him! He's been pretty happy since then as long as we keep him fed and give him Motrin every so often. He's a sweet little guy!

No comments :

Post a Comment