Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July!

We had a great 4th of July weekend! Tyler had to work Friday, Saturday, and Monday so Sunday was our play day. Tyler's "big brother" Todd has a lake house, well his family has a lake house, on Lake Mitchell. We were invited to come and spend the day Sunday and we loved it. Once again, we had the Brayden wants to get down and swim issue so we didn't spend much time in the water. However, he loved the boat ride!


He also loved when everyone got off the boat and he got to "drive" it.


After swimming, a boat ride, and a nap, it was time to start grilling dinner. Brayden really enjoyed climbing up and down the steps on the deck.

He LOVES steps! I think it's because we don't have any at our house so it was a new thing. All he wanted to do was go up and down, up and down, up and down. Luckily, Todd's sweet sister was there and she helped share the load. We took Brayden to see the fireworks on the lake Sunday night, but he passed out on the way so he missed them! While I was sitting on the boat on this beautiful river with my precious son in my lap asleep and my wonderful husband sitting beside me watching fireworks, I was reminded again how blessed I am. Blessed to have a wonderful God who loves me more than I love my son, which is hard to imagine. Blessed to have a precious family who is my world. Blessed to have fabulous parents, siblings, grandparents, and extended family. Blessed to have born in America, the land of the free and the home of the brave. I love my country and hope to never take it for granted!

The rest of the weekend, Brayden and I mainly just hung out by ourselves. My parents are working on their house so Brayden can't really go over there. It makes for some great family time when Tyler's off, but when he's working, it gets a little boring.

On a separate note, Brayden is finally walking!! I've always thought he was like the cutest thing ever, but oh my gosh, he is so adorable when he walks! Hopefully I can get a video on here soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment