Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Scary World

I'm sure you're all aware of this, but we live in a scary world. I read today in the news about a woman who was randomly beaten by a group of 16 and 17 year old girls. The woman was mentally disabled and was sitting outside on her stoop when the attack happened. My first thought when I read it was what is wrong with those girls?? Why is there so much violence and hatred and anger in our world today? What in the world made them believe it was ok to attack an innocent person just for the fun of it? I honestly believe it's because we live in a world where a lot of people don't know God and choose not to live their lives devoted to him. People have no morals or conscious.

It hurts my heart more than I can even put into words. It makes me want to cling to the Holy Spirit like I've never done before. It makes me wonder how much longer our world can live like this. It makes me worry for my sweet precious child who will grow up in it. It makes me want to be the best parent I can be, one who teaches and talks about God with him on a daily basis, one who teaches him what it means to be kind and to value other people. It makes me want to live my life as an example to him of how to love God wholeheartedly and how to be kind.

He is such a sweet child. If I hurt myself and say ow, he says "I'm sorry Mommy". If Bentley gets hurt, he says "You okay Bent?". I hope he keeps that compassionate spirit and continues to sympathize with people when they are hurting. It's all I can hope and pray for in this scary world.


No comments :

Post a Comment