Monday, November 26, 2012

What I'm Thankful For

Our Thanksgiving was great! We did all the family visiting, turkey eating, Black Friday shopping that Thanksgiving entails. I think I really realized how much I have to be thankful for this year. I tend to be a bit of a complainer and I look at things more negatively than I should.

Here are some things I'm thankful for:
* My house. Every time I talk or think about my house, all I can think about is how I consider it a piece of junk and how much work it needs. However, this house may not be a new nice house, but it's the house we brought Brayden home to. It's the house that gives me a roof over my head and keeps me warm on these freezing nighs we've been having. It's the house that holds so many memories over the last 5 years we've been married and the last 2 1/2 years since we've had Braybear. In the future, it will be the place where Brayden has his first sleepover with friends. It will be the house we bring another baby home to (maybe!). It will continue to be the house where our family grows and laughs and learns. How can I not be thankful for a place that special?!
* My sweet husband who works all week and most weekends to meet not only my needs but my wants as well. Who loves me so much and would do anything for me.
* My precious Brayden who keeps me on my toes and tries my patience, but is the sweetest, most kind hearted, loving child I've ever known. I am so thankful he is healthy and is growing and developing like he should be.
* My mom and sister who are my best friends and I couldn't imagine my life without them in it.
*  A little brother who makes me laugh and loves to play with Brayden.
* Parents who always provided for my wants and needs and set a great example of how I should live my life.
* My nieces and nephew who I love almost as much as my own child and who will provide Brayden with close friendships as they grow older together.
* Great friends who host baby showers and birthday parties and who truly care about me and would always be there for me if I needed them.
* A great church where our family is able to worship and build relationships with great people and learn more about our God.
* An awesome extended family who all hold a special place in my heart and who helped build years of memories.
* A job I love and really enjoy and great co-workers who I enjoy seeing on a daily basis.
* Grandparents who left an amazing legacy and an awesome grandmother who chose me as her favorite (haha!) and who loves Brayden and who better be around for years to come!

But most of all, I'm thankful for a God who sent his Son to die on a cross for ME. He loves me more than I could ever fathom. More than I love my own child. He paid my debts, and even though I sin every single day, he forgives me every.single.time.

I'm also thankful we got our tree this weekend! :) I love this time of year and loved getting to pick out a tree and cut it down with my sweet boy and his daddy.







1 comment :

  1. You made me cry. Again. I love you so much, precious daughter, and I am SO proud of you.

    ReplyDelete