Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Eve & Day

This was the first year on Christmas Eve that we didn't have a family function to attend & it was SO nice. We spent the day with my Mom running around getting last minute gifts. That night we went to the Christmas Eve service at church (my fav!) & went to Mom's & had soup & snack foods. Before bed, Brayden got to open 1 gift - new pajamas & a new ornament for the tree (a firetruck he picked out but had forgotten all about). We set out cookies & eggnog for Santa & went to sleep!

Brayden ended up in our bed during the night so when he woke up in the morning, it was obvious he had forgotten all about Santa. When I asked him if he wanted to go see if someone came during the night, he instantly remembered & got excited. I initially planned to video & take pictures but then I decided just to live in the moment & not worry about the camera. Not to mention Brayden is in a phase where he loathes having his picture made. He seriously acts crazy when I say lets take a picture. We did manage to get one of him & me in front of the tree. For some reason Blogger won't let me upload it, so I guess this will be a no picture post!

By the tree Santa left a tent, a rug to drive cars on, & a tee ball set. Brayden immediately wanted to go outside & play tee ball. Then he noticed Santa had left a note by the empty cookie plate! It said that Brayden had been good this year & there was one gift he couldn't fit in the house so he left it in the backyard. So he ran to the windows & it was a trampoline! After jumping on it for a minute we went in to open presents from mom & dad. He got a tool box with tools & an electric drill, new boots, & a turtle who puts stars on the ceiling. He loved all of his gifts & has really enjoyed playing with them since Christmas. To be honest, I've really enjoyed playing with the trampoline. 😃

After that we went over to my moms for lunch. He got a pretty awesome basketball goal & lots of other fun gifts over there. He also got some clothes, which is good because his are starting to get too small. So long 2T! We hung out at my moms all afternoon & then went to my grandmother's for dinner. He got to play with Colton & open up even more presents!

It was such a great 2 days. I absolutely love Christmas! My husband, on the other hand, is not a huge fan. I really hope Brayden learns to have a love for Christmas, not because he gets presents, but because of what it stands for. My goal as the years go by is to truly teach him what Christmas means & not get caught up in buying lots of gifts for him.

On a side note, my mom also bought him a Leappad 2 & that thing is pretty awesome! He really enjoys it & is pretty good at working it. I just have to make sure he doesn't spend too much time on it because I don't want him to get sucked in to the electronic/technology world!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

No comments :

Post a Comment