Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma!

Tuesday, March 1st, was my niece, Emma's, first birthday! That is so hard to believe for me because it seems like yesterday we were visiting her at the hospital anxiously awaiting Brayden's arrival just 2 short months later. Time has passed by so quickly since those 2 precious babies have joined us in this world and I'm hoping they grow up to be good friends (along with Emma's future brother or sister that is coming in September!). Anyway, yesterday was Emma's first birthday party and we had so much fun! I didn't get to take too many pictures between Brayden's napping, eating, and getting into whatever he could, but I did get these:
Emma in her adorable birthday outfit!

Brayden telling Emma how much fun he had at her bday
party and Emma telling him thanks for coming :)
Last night, my mom, sister, Brayden, both of my grandmothers, and I ate dinner at my mom's house. We had already starting eating and were waiting on my meemaw to get there when the power went out! Brayden got scared (it probably didn't help that I screamed) and Mom went looking for candles. While all that was going on, Meemaw got there and was just standing by the door because she couldn't see anything! Anyway, we ate a wonderful meal by candlelight and had a great GNO! :) Then, my sister tried to make homemade whipped cream with no power and it was hilarious! She donned my dad's "headlight" and actually made it. Of course, I had to take a picture of that and my Mom trying to serve the angel food cake with no power. Funny thing is, in the pictures it looks like we have power, but I promise we didn't!
Both of my grandmothers are such wonderful people and I try to remember to cherish every moment with them! I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner together and hope it's a first of many to come!

No comments :

Post a Comment