Monday, May 16, 2011

1 Year Checkup, 1 Year Pictures, and Tubes

So, I'm really behind on blogging and I don't know what my problem is. For some reason, I have just not been in the mood to blog.

So, even though this is a week late, here are Brayden's 1 year stats:
* He is 22.12 pounds and 30 1/4 inches long. He is still in 50th percentile on weight, which he has maintained for a while. However, he went from 90th to 50th percentile in height. I was shocked! I guess he is slowing down on growing right now, which is fine by me. :)
* He is crawling like crazy and pulling up on anything and everything he can.
* He is in a size 4 diaper and size 18 months clothes.
* His speech is really starting to take off. He can say hey, bye, dada, dog, thank you, and uh oh. Please notice the one word that is STILL not included in that list. Yes, Mama. When should I start to be concerned that he's not saying that?!
* He's still sleeping from about 7:30 or 8 until about 6:30 or 7.
* Daycare is still going well other than constant colds and ear infections. :( He eats well and naps well.

Yesterday, we went to have his 1 year pictures taken and of the ones I've seen so far, I love them! Here are a few to give you a sneak peek:

Today, we went to have tubes put in. :( He is had a constant ear infection since February and it was time to do something about it. He went to the doctor 3 times last week for a shot/ear consultation and has developed a severe fear of doctors and rooms with white paper. Even when we went to take his pictures yesterday, he freaked out because there was white paper on the ground. So, we got there at 6:30 this morning and waited for about 30-45 minutes before we were called back. As soon as we got back there and we set him on the scale to be weighed, he lost it. He screamed and shook the entire time they were "trying" to take his temperature and blood pressure. After we got him back in his room and were waiting to back for surgery, I took him out and rode him on a few of the toys they had there and he seemed to calm down a little. He didn't even cry when the nurse came and got him to take him back. He was back in about 20 minutes and the doctor said it went very well. He was very mad when they first brought him back, but they said that is how most babies react after coming off anesthesia. He slept on the way home. When we got home, he played like normal and took a really good nap. He's pretty much been back to normal since then. Here's to hoping we have no more ear problems! The only bad thing: Our pediatrician didn't want to give his 12 month immunizations until he got his tubes in so now we have to go back for more shots! :(

1 comment :

  1. I love his b-day pix!! I can't believe he's already 1! Time flies...of course, seems like it wasn't all that long ago that we were in 5K at FBCC!! ;) Hope his ears get better soon!