Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hutton Family Beach Trip 2013 Part 1

We had a great beach trip with Tyler's brother and his family. I loved getting to spend time with my niece & nephew and Brayden was so happy that he got to spend so much time with his cousins. Anytime we went anywhere and got out of our respective cars, they acted like it was the first time they'd seen each other in weeks.

Wednesday
Tyler, Brayden, and I left Wednesday around lunch and got down there around 4:30 or 5. It started raining the closer we got to Destin, and even though it had stopped by the time we got there, it was still pretty cloudy. Of course, that didn't stop Brayden from wanting to go swimming. We attempted to take him to the pool but the code had been changed and we didn't know the new one. So unfortunately he didn't get to go swimming that evening.

 
That evening we grabbed some pizza and stopped at Yogurt Mountain for some ice cream. We also ran by Walmart and picked up a few groceries.
 
Thursday
Aaron, Jessica, and the kids were coming down Thursday afternoon so Brayden impatiently waited on them all day. We spent the morning at the beach and pool.
Then we went back to the condo for lunch and a nap. Nap times for me looked like this every day - I was in heaven!
After nap, we went back to the pool. Brayden is more of a pool boy than a beach boy. Once he plays at the beach for an hour or so in the morning, he's pretty much done. While we were in the pool, we figured the other Huttons would be there any time. Brayden was so excited he went running up to one little girl when she walked in the pool gate saying "Emma! Emma!". I had to break his heart and tell him that wasn't her. :) We went in to get a shower and get ready and they finally got there! You've never heard so much squealing, screaming, and excitement in your life. Coincidentally, Brayden and Asher matched when we went out for dinner that night!
My attempt at a group shot:
Obviously standing in front of the window wasn't the best idea since Brayden is dark.
 
We headed out for dinner at McGuire's Irish Pub. Seriously, if you've never eaten there, you're missing out. It was so delicious! We stuffed ourselves silly there, but you can't not have ice cream for dessert at the beach, so we walked around Target for a little bit to get unstuffed. Brayden and Emma were holding hands when we first got there and it was so sweet!


I know I've mentioned this before, but Brayden loves Emma. When my mom asked him who he went to the beach with, he just said Emma. No one else is even on his radar. I don't know if it's because they are so close in age and he's never known life without her or what. I think he still thinks of Asher as the baby and he doesn't realize he's old enough to play with them. I love the fact that they're such great friends. The morning we left, Brayden was in our room watching a show. Emma was out in the living room saying "Where's my Brayden?  I need to see my Brayden."
 
Anyway, after dinner, Target, ice cream, and a night walk on the beach, we crawled into bed and crashed!
 
Friday
Friday consisted of pretty much the same. Brayden & Emma tried to play with the Leappad, but Asher wanted it too and we discovered sharing is not something they do well so we put it up.
 Friday night, we had dinner at the Crab Trap. As beautiful as the view was, we were not pleased with our food and won't ever go back there.
After dinner, we walked around the Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin. We love that place! I really wish we would have eaten dinner there instead. I just love the atmosphere, the lights in the trees, and the cute shops.
This would be such a cute picture if we didn't have flash eyes!

Saturday
The entire time, we thought TS Karen would be there by Saturday, so we weren't planning on having any beach time. We were wrong - it was so beautiful Saturday too! We spent the day outside again and I even snuck in a nap with my sweet boy. :)

Sunday
Sunday was the day we went home. :( We use Tyler's big brother's condo so there's no cleaning service. We consider that a small price to pay to go to the beach with no rent expense. We got up that morning and cleaned the condo. We had to wait for our laundry to get done so we went and walked around Bass Pro Shops and ate lunch at Pompano Joe's while we waited. Pompano Joe's was so good! While we were eating, the remnants of Karen descended upon Destin and by the time we got back to the condo, Tyler looked like he had jumped in a swimming pool (he went and got the car for us). We finished the last of the housekeeping and headed home.
 
Sunday was also our 6 year anniversary. I could not imagine a better way to spend it. I was reminded yet again this weekend of how much I love this man I married. He makes me laugh so hard - that's what attracted me to him almost 12 years ago and he still keeps me laughing. I loved getting to spend so much time with him and I'm so glad I married my best friend! I can't wait to see what the next 6 years have in store for us.
 
So, what exactly will be in Part 2? All of the pictures in this post are Iphone pictures. Believe it or not, I did take some pictures with my real camera. I will post Part 2 with those pictures soon!
 
 
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment