Monday, January 31, 2011

Big Day!

Well, today was Brayden's first day of daycare and it went much better than expected! I just knew without a shadow of a doubt that I would cry on the way to work, but I didn't! The lady whose house the daycare is at, Joan, had to take someone to school so she wasn't there when I got there and I waited on her to turn our paperwork in. I had the opportunity to see Brayden interact with the other kids and the other worker, Keri. He had no idea I was even still standing there because he was so preoccupied with the other kids and the new toys. I'm hoping it was not just being overwhelmed with new things, but that he will continue to just seamlessly fit in there and not worry that I'm leaving. Of course I worried about him all day and the day seemed to drag by!

When I picked him up this afternoon, they said he did very good for his first day. He had some issues with naptime, which I expected because he's not on any kind of nap schedule and he normally naps in the car or in someone's arms. They tried laying him down in the baby bed in the room with the rest of the babies, but he was crying so they moved him into a room where there was a pack n play. He still wasn't happy even with them rubbing his head so they put him in a baby rocker thing and he napped for 2 hours! He also ate peas, carrots, and applesauce for lunch. She said it was a trick getting the spoon in his mouth and he makes the most awful face, all of which I already knew! :) I am so excited about him getting on a schedule and routine that he follows every day. He went to bed around 8 without crying, which is another huge thing!

His daddy sure did miss him today though! Here is a picture that I took this morning before we left for his first day of daycare. He looks so big right here to me - he looks like a toddler! It makes me so sad that my baby boy is growing up so fast! :(
Ok, now for my last big announcement: I am going to be an aunt again! My sister is pregnant and I could not be more excited! I am so excited that Brayden will have a cousin close to his age to grow up with! I know it didn't happen exactly as they planned, but Brayden didn't happen exactly as we planned and we could not be more blessed or happy, so I know it will work out for them. She is due September 21 so Brayden will be about 16 months old, which is about how far apart my sister and I are. I know it's going to be so much fun both having kids close to the same age and raising them together. I can't wait!

2 comments :

  1. He does look so big! Braylen always looks like a toddler in blue jeans. I have a love/hate relationship with them because they are so stinkin' cute. So glad he had a good day!

    ReplyDelete