Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

Ok, so I've decided to start a blog. My main reason for starting one is because I would love to be able to print out the blog in a book to look back on one day and remember how sweet and perfect my little boy was at this time in his life. I am a little behind considering he is about to be 8 months old, but better late than never huh? :)

My first post is about Christmas 2010. I was so excited about this Christmas season because obviously it was Brayden's first. We decorated the tree the first weekend in December and Brayden was happy to help out by testing out the lights!



He also watched intensely while we decorated the tree.
And here is the finished product!
So, now to the Christmas festivities. On Christmas Eve, our sweet family of three spent time together during the day because Tyler had been gone to the hunting club for the past three days. We went and ate lunch at Wings and ran some errands. That night we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church (my favorite!) and went over to my moms after. We ate and played Phase 10, but only made it through about 3 or 4 rounds before it was time for Brayden to go home and hit the sack!

On Christmas Day, we woke up and opened gifts at our house. Santa didn't bring Brayden too much because he knew he wouldn't really understand. Mom and Dad also figured out they shouldn't have wrapped everything because he got tired of opening after about the first gift!



After opening gifts at our house, we got ready and cooked some food and went over to my Mom's. We opened gifts there and ate lunch. It was so nice to not have to get up and rush around to go alot of places. Here are some pictures of Brayden opening his gifts with some help from Aunt Brooke!


And some pictures from lunch

After lunch at my mom's, we went over to Todd and Susan's. Todd is Tyler's "big brother". He and Tyler met through the Big Brother, Big Sister program when Tyler was like 8 or 10 or something like that and he has been so supportive of Tyler ever since. He was the best man at our wedding and he and Tyler are still very close. They got Brayden the cutest little car race track toy that he just loves!

After we went to visit Todd, it was time to go to my Meemaw's house, which is my dad's mom. Of course I didn't take any pictures! (I HAVE to get better at taking pictures) Brayden had lots of fun watching everyone and opening even more new toys!

The day after Christmas, we went to Tyler's grandparents. Didn't take any pictures there either, but we had a really good time! We can go so long without seeing them and still feel so welcome at the family functions.

Overall, our Christmas was so good and we are so blessed! Christmas is so much more fun and meaningful with Brayden in our lives. One way you know our lives have changed: Tyler is a major Scrooge and hates holidays. This Christmas he was so excited to put the Christmas tree up. I even came home from work one day and he had put up lights outside! He was so cooperative and didn't complain one time on Christmas day and that is a huge thing for him! He is such a great dad!


No comments :

Post a Comment