Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

We had an absolutely fabulous Memorial Day weekend. Lots of down time which puts me in my happy place.

Saturday we didn't do much at all. We played outside pretty much all day. I set Brayden's pool and slip & slide up and he played all day. Sunday we went to church and went to eat at Jim N Nick's after church. Once we got home, Brayden napped until about 5 and then we ate dinner. Monday I got to sleep in! It was so nice! We went on a boat ride with Papa that afternoon. It was such a beautiful day!
Brayden started out the boat ride pretty excited:

Then the fact that he hadn't had a nap started to kick in and he started fading:

He eventually ended up like this:

I seriously don't know how he slept. There were so many boats out there the water was extremely choppy. It also doesn't help that my dad acts like he's headed for the border running from the law when he drives:
Seriously, almost 40 mph!!

Then we went down to Pawpaw's (Danson's dad) and had fried turkey and lots of other good stuff that evening for dinner. The kids got to go on gator rides which was the highlight of the night.
I also got to see sweet Aubrey who I haven't seen in forever!
We had a great weekend and are so thankful for the men & women who have given their lives so we can live such a blessed life in a blessed country.

No comments :

Post a Comment