Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of 3K

Yesterday was Brayden's first day of 3K.
Just for comparison, here is his first day of 2K last year:
This kid melts my heart!

Brayden is like me in a lot of ways. He likes to follow the rules and he wants other people to follow the rules. When we went to the McWane Center, he had to put things back where they belong. He also does not like change. Which is why I could sympathize with him this morning when he kept saying "I'm too scared to go to school, I don't want to go". I can sympathize because that's exactly how I felt the first day of school. I finally told him that even though I couldn't be there with him, God is always with him and he could talk to God any time throughout the morning if he was feeling anxious. When we were walking through the parking lot into the church, he said "God please be with me at school because I'm a little scared". The morning dragged by as I wondered how he was doing. Even though I don't have any more first days, I think I'll be just as nervous as Bray on his first day every year. When I picked him up, he said he had a great day and that he played with Enman, Anna Catherine, and Colin. He said he made some new friends but he couldn't remember their names. He asked if he was going back tomorrow.

So overall I think he had a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment