Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

We had an amazingly awesome, jam packed Labor Day weekend.

Saturday
On Saturday, I worked that sale I mentioned in my post from last weekend. Even though I had to be there at 6:00 6:50 and it was pretty hot outside, it was still a lot of fun. I got to hang out with some fun people and I got to work a cash register!! Best thing ever! When I got home from that, I was pooped! I got a shower and curled up on the couch with my favorite boy who I'd missed all day.
Sunday
Sunday we got invited to Todd's lake house and we decided to take him up on it. We got there about 11 and spent the day on the pier. Brayden really enjoyed the Mass Panic raft they had. His daddy did too. :)
The 3 of us got to take the jet ski for a ride and Brayden loved it!
After that we took a boat ride. Brayden got to help Uncle Todd drive a little bit.

He split his time between his daddy and me while we were riding.

I love this picture because it captures one of the many conversations he has with his daddy.
Brayden was struggling to stay awake toward the end of the ride, but he never fell asleep.

Todd grilled chicken for dinner and we had a great evening. The plan was to come home after dinner, but we decided to crash at the lake house. Sure, it meant I had to sleep in regular clothes and contacts, but it was fun. Ok, ok, it was a little too spontaneous for this Type A person but I survived! ;)

Monday
We woke up pretty early Monday morning to get ready to come home. The sunrise was so beautiful - it almost made the spontaneity worth it.
Once we got home, we met up with Nana to get Bray some new shoes for school. Tyler cooked a Boston Butt while we were gone shopping and brought it over to Mom's when we got home. We had a delicious dinner together to end a wonderful weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment