Monday, August 19, 2013

Wet Wonderful Weekend

We had a GREAT weekend! Friday night started the weekend off with a bang - we had a Duck Dynasty premiere party with our Sunday School class. Everyone brought wild game dishes, except for us (I took something I would eat! :)). We watched the season premier of Duck Dynasty that came on Wednesday. Our kids went too and they played together in the gym. It was such a great night. I seriously love hanging out with the people in my Sunday School class and I always feel so blessed to have such a great Sunday School class.
The weather Saturday and Sunday was unlike anything we've seen in the South in mid-August! Saturday it was in the upper 70s and it sprinkled occasionally, but never rained hard. We decided to head to the zoo for $5 Fun Days. Nana went with us and we had such a great time. It honestly was the best zoo visit I've ever had. The weather was so good, I could have stayed there all day. We got to feed an elephant apples and got to watch the lions eat some meat.


Our zoo has a dinosaur exhibit going on right now and we knew Brayden would love it! It did not disappoint! The dinosaurs moved and even roared and made noises. A couple of dinosaurs at the end of the exhibit even spit on us!


On Sunday, we spent the day with Mom remembering my grandmother. We went to the cemetery and then went down memory lane and visited the houses my grandparents lived in while I was alive. We also stopped by Bruster's because when my grandmother lived in Chateau Vestavia, we stopped by Bruster's every week to take her some ice cream. It was a rainy day, but it was wonderful spending the afternoon remembering her.

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment